Mar 20 2018. view 553
The Bavarian holds top rank as a staple for heavy dinners with family, especially over the weekends, and has done so for longer than most of us remember. What often goes unnoticed however are the slight tweaks and additions made to the menu by the management. Not too many of us will know for example that the Bavarian sports an excellent Mac and Cheese in its otherwise meat-stuffed menu. What I didn’t know also is that they serve up a great range of beverages, some inspired by fruit and others by the classics themselves.
Of course none of this takes away from the killer steaks and other meat items on the menu. The new additions themselves were still stacked heavily onto the meatier side of things. A couple of quick facts before going into the dishes – the Bavarian identifies as a casual steakhouse, one that has been around for ages and one that seems likely to stay put if judged by the loyal patronage of its customers. Secondly, and more interestingly perhaps, everything served at the Bavarian features a quantity of meat or fish in excess or near so to 300g, per dish. If you love your meat, there really isn’t a question of whether the Bavarian is the right place to beat. With the new menu, however, even vegetarians have options to choose from at the Bavarian and I expect we will see a lot more of that loyal patronage in the months to come.
1. Oven Baked Camembert Wheel in Bread Bowl with Rosemary and Garlic (Rs. 1,650/-)
2. Honey and Balsamic Glazed Pork Ribs (Rs. 980/-)
3. Crispy Chicken Wings with Choice of Blue Cheese or Chillie Garlic Dip (Rs. 900/-)
4. Three Cheese Mash (Rs. 500/-)
5. Chicken à là Kiev – Crumbed Chicken Filled with Herb Garlic Butter, Served with Homemade Noodles and Salad (Rs. 1980/-)
6. Tenderloin Fillet, Mushroom Sauce, Potato Gratin, Vegetables and Salad (Rs. 3,950/-)
7. AngusBone in Rib Eye (1 KG) Served with Onion Rings, Sautéed Mushrooms, Pepper Sauce and Potato Wedges (Rs. 5,400/-)
8. Boiled or Crispy Whole Pork Knuckle with Parsley Potatoes, Sauerkraut, Salad and Gravy (Rs. 2,650/-)
9. Fall off the Bone Lamb Shanks Cooked in Red Wine, Served with Homemade Noodles and Gremolata (Rs. 3,250/-)
10. Baked Crab with Gratin of Cheese Served with Garlic Rice and Salad (Rs. 2,250/-)
11. Sticky Toffee Pudding Served with Vanilla Ice Cream and Butterscotch (Rs. 650/-)
12. Apple Crumble with Ice Cream (Rs. 710/-)
By: Dilshan Writes